Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Why I Started Blogging

Hooah and Hiccups

Some of you may know this already...when I first started blogging, I had a different blog!  I started blogging over at Playground Duty back in August 2010!  I started that blog when I got my first teaching job.  I planned to document my experience as a new teacher and share educational ideas.  Over time, my blog turned into a place to share not only educational ideas, but also other stuff going on in my life - personal events, crafts, recipes, etc.  Once I had Carson I kind of took a little break from blogging.  I somehow lost all of my pictures over at my other blog.  I still don't know what happened (love hate relationship with technology!) but I think maybe it had something to do with linking up with Picasa.  I tried a few things to fix it, but I decided to just start from scratch with a new blog that better fit my posting style.  That's when Simple Suburbia was born!

Here's a little excerpt from my first ever blog post at Playground Duty: 
I can't even tell you how long I've debated about whether or not to create my own blog.  I religiously stalk other blogs, rarely leaving comments because I know they have nothing to look at besides my boring profile!  I finally convinced myself that I've read enough boring blogs that I think mine may survive...hopefully!

Why did you start blogging?  When did you start blogging?

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. This is such a fun idea to do! I starting blogging when I got engaged and then it kind of evolved from there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you had some good stories from the playground!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. :) I'm a new blogger myself. I too, debated long and hard before starting!

    ReplyDelete