Monday, January 6, 2014

Bumpdate: 24 Weeks {Viability}


24 Weeks!
Baby is currently the size of a CANTALOUPE!



Next Appointment: January 22nd.  It's exciting that it's now the month of my appointment!

Gender: Adding another BOY to our family!  Check out our reveal photo.  

Total Weight Gain: As of 12/23 when I was 22w4d, I was +11.   Of course we had the holidays after that where I ate tons of food and even more sweets.  I'm probably +50 by now!  ;)

Maternity Clothes: For sure!  The only non-maternity pants I wear are PJ pants, yoga pants, and leggings.  All of my jeans are now maternity.  I usually have to do a lot of pulling up throughout the day but they're SO much more comfy than regular jeans with a belly band!  My shirts are a mixture of maternity and non.  I love anything long enough to cover the bump!

Sleep: Pregnancy insomnia visits me fairly often these days!  I feel tired but have such a hard time falling asleep!  A lot of nights I wake up in the middle of the night and can't fall back to sleep.  I try to just lay there but I usually end up checking Instagram or reading.  

Movement: Lots and lots of dance parties in my belly this week and I just LOVE it!

Food Cravings/Aversions: HUMMUS!  Nick requested I buy some at the store and ever since then I've been addicted.  I made a special trip to the grocery store JUST to get more Hummus.  I also had a random craving for Gatorade.  Yellow Gatorade specifically.  So weird!

Best Moment This Week: This happened last week too but I forgot to mention it.  I take my bump pictures every Saturday morning in the same spot.  Carson has started to notice this routine and as soon as I start clearing the area and give Nick the camera he runs over and poses with me...complete with an adorable cheesy smile.  That kid is too much!  :)  Check out some of his photo bombs at the end of this post!

What I Miss: I don't really miss meat, but I wish it seemed a little more appetizing to me.  I can't even buy it because it seems so gross.  Poor Nick hasn't had many great dinners lately but I did buy him some frozen burgers to fulfill his manly cravings.  (Too bad they make me gag when he cooks them!)

What I'm Looking Forward To: Our next appointment and possibly putting a few ideas together for the nursery and Carson's big boy room (on Pinterest since I can't decorate in real life with our house on the market)! 

Symptoms: I've been having quite a bit of lower back pain and round ligament pain.  I had the lower back pain with Carson, but I don't think it came this early!  My doctor gave me stretches back in November but they don't seem to a help a ton.  I have also had a lot of round ligament pain.  I'm honestly not sure if I had this with Carson or not.  I didn't know what it was until the nurse filled me in at my last appointment.  I may have had it last time and not even known!

Extra Notes From the Week: Nick and I went out for a date night on Friday 12/27.  We were headed to an Ohio State basketball game and unfortunately got into a little fender bender.  We were stopped at a light and a young girl rear-ended us.  Luckily she wasn't going very fast, but I was still worried.  Especially since Mason wasn't moving and he's normally very active.  I called the nurse's line and got through to the on-call doctor.  He seemed confident Mason would be fine but wanted me to go in for some monitoring just in case.  He said that sometimes there can be a problem that the mother can't feel.  We headed to labor & delivery and luckily it wasn't busy at all.  We got right into triage and had a very sweet nurse.  She used the doppler first thing and we heard Mason's heart beating right away at 160+ bpm.  So reassuring and much faster than normal!   I was monitored for about 30-40 minutes to make sure I wasn't having any contractions.  Luckily I didn't have any contractions while at the hospital and before leaving our nurse checked Mason's heart rate again.  When we were ready to leave his heart rate was 158bpm.  Such a huge difference from the 135bpm on Monday 12/23!  I'm so thankful that we are all okay.  The accident could have been a lot worse!  I'm also thankful Carson was at home because I would have been a nut case if he was in the car!  :)





Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Thank goodness everything was ok. I was in one too when I was 6 months pregnant. I had a dr. appt. later that week so I didn't go in. I probably should have but everything was ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad everything is OK! I craved hummus like WOAH when I was pregnant...it's so random!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that everything was okay. When I was in labor I wanted a gatorade SO badly. After I finally delivered my dad brought me one and it was the BEST thing I ever tasted in my whole life. I love the Carson photo bombs; he's such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get lots of back pain when pregnant and I highly recommend seeing a chiropractor! It helped a TON!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get lots of back pain when pregnant and I highly recommend seeing a chiropractor! It helped a TON!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, so scary about your accident! Glad everything was ok! Also, hummus sounds amazing now!

    ReplyDelete