What You Need
- 2 1/8 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 12 Tbsp. butter (1 1/2 sticks), melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup brown sugar (I used dark brown because that's what I had)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters (you can also use 2 regular eggs)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 12oz. bag M&M's, divided
How to Make
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil, leaving excess hanging over the edges of your dish by about an inch. (You will later grab the edges to pull the bars out of the ban after baking.) Spray the foil-lined dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix flour, salt, and baking soda together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Whisk the melted butter and sugars in a large bowl until combined. Slowly add the egg beaters and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until combined.
- Gently mix in 1 cup of M&M's and pour your batter into the prepared baking dish. Smooth the top of your cookie bar mixture with a rubber spatula. Sprinkle remaining M&M's on top and gently press into the cookies.
- Bake 24-28 minutes. The top of the bars will turn a light golden brown color. The bars should be slightly firm to the touch and the edges will start pulling away from the sides of the pan.
- Cool your bars on a wire rack. Once they are at room temperature, remove the bars from the pan by lifting the foil and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into squares and serve!
Adapted from original recipe found here.