Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pinterest FAIL!

Today I'm linking up with Katie and Stephanie for their new link-up, Saw it. Pinned it. Did it.  I'm sure most people will post amazing DIY crafts that are so cute.  I'll do that next time.  Today, a pin fail.  It happens to the best of us!  (At least that's what I tell myself to feel better about it!)

 

 If you've ever seen my food boards on Pinterest, you'll know that I pin mostly desserts.  I have a major sweet tooth.  I've been trying to pin more dinners now that I am at home because I love to try new recipes!  However, this little picture popped up while I was scrolling through Pinterest last week and I knew I HAD to try making these! 


They seem so easy.  You use brownie mix and large marshmallows.  How can anyone possibly mess that up?  Somehow, I did!  I followed the directions to a T (what does that saying even mean?!) and this is how my treats turned out:
Attractive, right?  I took them to the party anyway...no shame in my game!  They taste decent but they're so ugly I probably won't be saving this recipe. 

While making these, I used one regular muffin tin and one silicone muffin pan.  I have 1 of each so whenever I'm making a full batch of something, I have to use 2 different kinds of pans.  Annoying for my OCD but I can handle it.  While I was washing my silicone muffin "pan", it cracked!  I contacted Wilton and they're going to send me another!  I'm glad I contacted them. 


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. lol hey girl! thanks for linking up! :) we all have those pin fails. if they taste decent hey its ok! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no! Poor cupcakes! Have you seen the website Pintrocity? You can submit Pinterest fails and often they figure out how to make the execution of the idea work better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from the linkup and hey, you tried! It's better than just pinning and never trying! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. girlllll I have had so many pinterest fails it's NOT even funny!! Right here with ya lol.

    These still look pretty darn good...not gonna lie. ;)

    THanks so much for linking up with us!! See ya next week! Same time. Same place. Yes?!

    ReplyDelete