Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Simple Peanut Butter Pie! [Tasty Tuesday]

My husband is not a dessert person.  I don't even know how we're married.  I'm the type of person who always likes to have dessert in the house.  I love baking and trying out new recipes and usually he doesn't really have much of an opinion as to what I make.  The other day he specifically requested peanut butter pie.  I'm not sure where this request came from but I knew I had to impress him!

I found this super easy pie recipe on Kraft's website.  It's pretty much impossible to mess up and it has SIX ingredients (not including the pie crust).  Talk about simple!



Ingredients
1 8oz. package cream cheese, softened (I used the Neufchatel)
1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter, divided
1 cup cold milk 
1 package (3.4oz.) instant vanilla pudding
2 1/2 cups Cool Whip, thawed & divided
1 Oreo or chocolate pie crust*
3oz. baker's semi sweet chocolate

*If you prefer to make your own pie crust, you can used crushed oreos + melted butter and press it firmly into a pie dish.  I went the easy route this time!
(cream cheese not pictured)

How to Make It
1. Beat your cream cheese and 1/2 cup peanut butter in a medium bowl until well blended.  Add your milk and dry pudding mix and beat for 2 minutes.  Whisk in 1 cup Cool Whip and spoon into your pie crust.  Refrigerate until ready to use.

2. Microwave remaining Cool Whip and chocolate on high for 1.5-2 minutes or until chocolate is completely melted.  **Stir after each minute.  When mixture is completely blended, let cool completely.


3. Spread chocolate mixture over peanut butter cream mixture in pie crust.  Microwave the remaining peanut butter (1 Tbsp.) in small bowl for about 15-30 seconds.  Stir and drizzle over pie.  

4. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.


Look who helped me do a taste test with the chocolate!




Photobucket

2 comments: