Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Toddler Snack Ideas

It still makes me cry inside to mention that "t" word from my post title.  My son is my BABY!

Lately whenever I talk to my mom friends, we always end up talking about food for the kids.  It seems like it's hard to think of creative ideas for meals and snacks so I wanted to share some of Carson's favorite snacks as of lately.  These are some of our favorite go-to snacks for between meals.


1. Earth's Best Organic Sunny Days Snack Bars.  Carson LOVES these fruit bars!  These are very similar to Nutrigrain bars.  We have tried the apple and strawberry flavors.  I thought they would be good as a snack on the go, but they're actually a little messy with the fruit filling.  I'm a clean freak though.  :)

2. Annie's Bunny Grahams.  These are a great snack to throw in the snack cup and eat on the road or during a stroller ride.  Carson loves them and gets so excited when I pull out the box.  We also do regular graham crackers as well.

3. Cheerios .  These are our go-to morning snack.  When I introduced Cheerios (so long ago now!) I started with plain.  Now we've tried several other flavors.  Carson's favorites are the Multigrain and Apple Cinnamon.

4. Plum Organics Teensy Fruits .  These are like little fruit snacks.  I like them better than regular fruit snacks because they (like the name states) are TEENSY!  I have no fears of Carson choking with these and even though they don't come with many packs in a box, each pack has a ton of fruit bites!

5. Veggie Straws.  These are a new favorite of Carson's.  I randomly picked them up at the grocery when they were on sale and they are a huge hit!  I throw these in Carson's snack cup when we're going to be out and about during snack time and he gobbles them right up.  I'm not sure how healthy they are because they seem pretty salty but the nutrition facts say that they only have 10% of your daily sodium which doesn't seem bad.  Plus they're "natural"!

6. Cheese!  Who doesn't like cheese?!  I usually buy the snack sticks of Colby Jack and cut them up for Carson, but we've also done string cheese.  This is a great snack or "side dish" during meal time if you need to get in some extra dairy!

7. Fruit.  Carson definitely takes after his Momma and loves fruit!  His favorites lately are strawberries and blueberries, but he will eat just about anything.  I almost always have fresh strawberries and blueberries in the fridge, but you can also keep frozen fruit in your freezer...it's a great snack for teething babies!



*Note: I was in no way compensated to promote these products.  These recommendations are my personal opinions and suggestions!


I'm linking up today:
BUSY BEE


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. We've tried all of these except the veggie straws...I'm going to have to pick some up. Hayden loves everything so that's not usually a problem :) He LOVES cheese especially!

    ReplyDelete