Wednesday, September 4, 2013

August/September Goals

Here's a look at how I did with my August goals:

1. Read 1 book.  SUCCESS!  It took the entire month, but I finished a book.  I really wish I had more time to set aside for reading but once I put Carson to bed I usually like to use that time as husband/wife time.  Don't get any ideas...we normally just play a game or watch some Netflix!  :)  Here's the book I read in August, still deciding what my September book will be.


2. De-clutter the basement.  FAIL!  I was able to sell about 5-10 things from the basement that I didn't need anymore, but I definitely didn't de-clutter.  I did, however, de-clutter the rest of our house!  It's getting super close to being ready to put on the market!  

3. Find a way to get Carson to eat more veggies!  Semi-Success.  We tried a few new veggies this month including soy beans and Carson was not impressed.  One thing that worked for me was pureeing the veggies and adding them to things.  That's not super convenient so I'm still looking for other ideas.  I also tried to mix some veggies in with his beloved Annie's mac'n'cheese and he picked the green beans out and tried to feed them to me!  What a stinker!  He'll still eat the food pouches so right now, that's how he's getting most of his veggies.
Notice he left all the beans.... :/

4. Go on a date with the hubster.  Success!  Not only did we spend an entire weekend together in NYC, but we also went to a wedding!  


5. Travel to another state!  Success!  I flew alone (for the first time!) to meet Nick in NYC.  He was there for 2 weeks on business so I joined him for a weekend and we packed in tons of sight seeing and yummy food!  It was my first time being away from Carson overnight and while it was super hard to leave, coming back to him was pretty amazing!  :)




Now onto new goals!


September Goals


1. Read 1 book.  It seems like this is a nice attainable goal for me so I'm going to keep it for September!  Now I need to hurry up and choose a book!  I've read 10/25 for my 2013 goal so I'm not completely behind...right?  :)

2. Get our house on the market!  We've been working toward this for a few weeks now and we're just about ready to officially put our house on the market.  It's very bittersweet since we've been here 8.5 years (time flies!) but I know Nick is excited to be closer to his work. 

3. Visit somewhere new with Carson.  I want to try out some new places with Carson both indoor and outdoor.  Hopefully the weather will be nice for the majority of the month, but I need to find some indoor activities for when the weather starts to get cold.  Once September is over the countdown to spring begins! :)

4. Go on a date with the hubster.  I'm keeping this goal for another month!  Last month we did amazing with a weekend getaway AND a wedding!  This month I'm going to shoot for something a little more low key like going to see a movie or something.  :)

5. Get some "me" time during one nap a week.  Lately I've been so tired at the end of each day.  Nick leaves before Carson gets up and usually doesn't get home until 7 or later.  I LOVE spending my time with Carson but it's not like we're just hanging out eating bon bons and watching TV!  I've never been good at giving myself relaxation time.  Even when I worked, I would spend my entire lunch break working; sending emails, prepping for the afternoon, making copies, etc.  I have decided that once a week during nap time, instead of cleaning or doing other things from my never-ending to-do list, I'm going to take some time for myself.  Maybe I'll read a book, maybe I'll watch trashy reality TV, maybe I'll paint my nails!  The possibilities are endless! ;)


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I have the same problem with my daughter eating veggies. She picks them out whenever I try to hide them! I grated zucchini and carrots and put them into her meatballs. She ate them one day, but not the next. Always changing! You should definitely try to give yourself some down time, you'll feel so much better afterwards!

    ReplyDelete