Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pizza Sliders [Tasty Tuesday]

If you know me, you know I love anything to do with pizza.  I've made all kinds of variations of pizza - pizza muffins, pizza braid, pizza balls, pizza roll-ups, etc.  I just can't get enough!  When I saw Pizza Sliders on Pinterest, I knew I had to try them!


What You Need...For the sandwiches:
9 slider rolls
3/4 cup pizza sauce
25-30 slices pepperoni (I did 3 per sandwich)
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

...For the topping:
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/2 tablespoon onion powder
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

How to Make
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Separate each roll, then spread a little pizza sauce onto both halves. Place 3 slices of pepperoni and a handful of shredded cheese on each roll. Close rolls and place them close together in a 9x9" baking dish.  I lined my dish with aluminum foil for an easy clean-up!





In a small bowl, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients. Brush evenly over all of the sandwiches, just enough to cover the tops; let sandwiches sit for 10 minutes to absorb the butter and seasonings. 



Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Uncover and cook for 5 additional minutes or until tops are slightly brown and crispy. Serve warm.

You can actually prep these a day ahead of time and keep them in the fridge until they're ready to be baked!  

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I see you tried my recipe!!! Except I dont use unsalted butter, I hate unsalted!

    ReplyDelete