Since apparently it will never be spring in Ohio, I figured I would share another "winter-y" recipe. Anything that involves hot cocoa is good in my book! These are like hyped up rice krispie treats so just beware...they're addicting!
- 6 cups cocoa krispies
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (10.5oz.) bag of mini marshmallows + 2-3 extra cups
- 2-3 packets hot cocoa mix (I used the dutch chocolate)
- sheet of parchment paper
How to Make:
- Spray a 9x11 baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large pot over low heat.
- Once butter is melted, add in your bag of mini marshmallows and packets of hot cocoa. Stir until marshmallows are melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add in your 6 cups of cereal and stir until combined.
- Now add in about half of your extra marshmallows and stir gently until they are evenly distributed throughout your mixture.
- Pour your mixture into your prepared baking pan.
- Spray a piece of parchment paper or wax paper with your nonstick cooking spray and gently push the mixture into your pan, flattening the top.
- Spread remaining mini marshmallows on top and gently press into the mixture.
- Let cool for about 30 minutes before cutting and serving.
**This recipe is slightly modified from original recipe found here.