Monday, June 24, 2013

Weekend Recap!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  We had a fun-filled weekend full of awesome weather so we were outside a lot!  Here's a peek at what we got into...

{Saturday}
We participated in our first official 5k!  You may remember back in early May when I ran my first ever 5k.  Although that race felt somewhat official since I got a super awesome race shirt, it was a virtual event, so I was only running with Nick.  Saturday we participated in the Color Palooza 5k and it was SO much fun.  And also about 90 degrees.  H-O-T!  We ran with a group of friends and even though we got a little split up, it was still a ton of fun.



The color run took place during our city's pride festival.  My dad came down to the race with us and hung out with Carson while we ran.  Carson wore his rainbow tie in support of pride!

{Sunday}
We went to a friend's house for a super fun playdate.  They had not one but THREE pools in their backyard!  Carson wasn't so sure about any of them but he made sure to try them all out.  



He talks with his hands... :)

Later that afternoon we played outside for a bit.  We had Carson's sprinkler on but all he wanted to do was climb the stairs and play with his beach ball!

Anytime he finds a petal on the ground, he picks it up and puts it back in the plant! <3




What did you do this weekend?  


I'm linking up with Sami today:
Sami's Shenanigans

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. 5ks are so fun! I did the Disney Royal Family 5k in February and it was great. The one you did looks awesome. Stopping by from the link up!


    Jackellyn @ In the waiting line
    {jackellynsq.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 5k it sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the 5 k! I so wish I was a runner (or an athlete for that matter). Great pics! :)

    ReplyDelete