When I meal plan, I try to have a category for each day so it makes it easier (and faster) to choose meals. Tuesdays are Taco Tuesdays. They should really be called Mexican Tuesdays but that doesn't sound as nice so Taco Tuesdays means any delicious Mexican food! This burrito casserole recipe makes frequent appearances on my rotation and if you try it, you'll find out why!
Creamy Burrito CassroleIngredients
1 lb ground turkey
1/2 medium white onion, diced
1 pkt. taco seasoning
3-4 large flour tortillas
2/3 cup water
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (you can also use taco cheese!)
1 can cream of chicken soup
4 oz. of sour cream (I use the light)
*Optional: hot sauce
How to Make It
- Brown ground turkey along with the diced onion and drain.
- Add taco seasoning and water, stirring occasionally.
- Mix soup and sour cream in a separate bowl.
- Spread half of the sour cream mixture in the bottom of a greased 8x8 baking dish.
- Tear up half of your tortillas and cover your sour cream mixture.
- Put half of your ground turkey over your tortillas.
- Add a layer of cheese (and hot sauce if desired).
- Repeat the layers.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top and bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
Here's what my layered casserole looks like before baking: