Wednesday, October 2, 2013

September/October Goals

Here's a look at how I did with my September goals:

1. Read 1 book.  Success!  I actually read 2.5 books.  Such an over achiever!  In reality, I'm just playing catch up so I can try to meet my goal of 25 books in 2013!  Here are the 2 books I completed this month.  I'll share the other with you when I finish it next month!



2. Get our house on the market!  Success!  Our house officially went up for sale on September 7th!  If it were up to me, I would have waited until Spring to list the house.  Fall is a weird time because school has already started and people like to move during warmer weather.  Keeping my fingers crossed anyway.  We've had some showings and a super successful open house!  We also had one (ridiculous) offer that we didn't even respond to, but at least it's something, right?!

3. Visit somewhere new with Carson.  Fail. :(  We went to a lot of fun places, but nowhere new to us....not even a new park!  Maybe we've just seen all that we can see!  (Obviously I'm joking!)

4. Go on a date with the hubster.  Semi-Success....ish!  We went to an Ohio State football game (O-H!) but we met Nick's aunt and uncle there so it wasn't really husband-wife only time.  We also went on a few fun family dates, but no husband-wife dates this month.  I still had a lot of fun going out as a family.  We don't go out to eat much (mainly to save money) and this month we went out to dinner with Carson and also took him for his first breakfast out!  He did great and loved watching everyone in the restaurants!


5. Get some "me" time during one nap a week.  Success!  I try to take at least 1 nap time during the week to catch up on DVR, read a book, make a craft, or even (gasp) NAP!  It's been really amazing and I don't feel guilty because I get a ton done on the other days!  




Now onto new goals!


October Goals


1. Read 1.5 books.  I'm hoping to finish the book I'm currently reading as well as another book.  That will still leave me pretty behind for my 2013 goal, but I don't want to make unattainable goals!  Maybe I should start counting the 100's of picture books I read on a daily basis!  :)

2. Go Green at the grocery!  I have a huge collection of reusable grocery bags from random places that I just keep in my laundry room.  I've used them at the actual grocery less than 5 times and I don't know why!  They are obviously way better for the environment and they actually fit more groceries so you end up having less bags to carry!  I might need to start keeping them in my car so I don't forget them on grocery trips!

3. Go on a date with my hubby!  I'm adding this one again since I pretty much failed in September.  I'd love to go to dinner and see a movie or do something romantic!  

4. Try a new recipe.  I usually try at least a few new recipes every month, but I'm going to add it to my goals list to make sure that I try something new this month!

5. Try out a new story time or a new park with Carson.  Carson LOVES story time!  We've been to a local bookstore, and several libraries.  We're lucky to have a ton of libraries around us.  We frequent the one by our house, but we've also been to probably 5-10 other libraries!  Lately we've just been going to the one by our house so my goal for October is to check out another branch!  I added or a new park just because the weather has been so nice lately.  If it stays like this, I definitely want to take advantage!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Awesome goals! I'm hoping to try some new recipes this month too. And I always forget my reusable bags at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you love Sh*t My Dad Says? I thought it was hilarious! I think they tried to make a TV show out of it, but I don't think it was successful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your goals, it gets me thinking about what I want to accomplish too! I love going to story time and my daughter loves it too. Keep your reusable bags where you store your purse or put them back in the car after using them. That's how I don't (usually) forget!

    ReplyDelete