Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Spooky Color Matching Busy Bag

I made this little game for Carson and 4 other tots in my mommy group.  We decided to do a busy bag exchange and the only "rule" was that it should have something to do with fall.  I searched and searched on Pinterest and finally found a game that was cheap to make and age appropriate for 16-17 month old toddlers!  This is where I found the craft.  They have TONS of other great ideas as well!


What You Need
5 clothespins
white cardstock
watercolors or markers
Ziploc bag
*optional: cardboard

How to Make
First you will want to prep your clothespins.  I used watercolors, but you can also color them with markers.  You will need the following 5 colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple.  You might have seen my post on my instagram last week when I was starting this craft.

Next you'll want to print your color wheels on cardstock.  You can find the original printable on the Three Ghost Friends site.  If you choose, you can mount your wheel to an even thicker cardboard.  I chose to do this to make the wheels sturdy for little toddler hands!

Finally, stick all of your items in a ziploc baggie so you don't lose any parts!  Your busy bag is now complete!  I like this busy bag because it helps teach colors and helps your little one develop their motor skills and coordination by pinching those clothespins!


I'm linking up with Kristin today!



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I love the idea of a busy bag exchange too!

    ReplyDelete