Thursday, December 19, 2013

Holiday Card Display

Every year I try to figure out a way to display all of the holiday cards we get.  I love hanging them up and seeing all of the cute kids and babies (and pets, too)!  The last few years I hung a "garland" of twine across our dinette window and hung the cards with mini clothespins.  I liked how it looked but it was hard to get the cards to hang evenly AND it was directly over an air vent so the "garland" was always moving a bit.  Oh, and I usually had to get on a chair to add a card.
I don't even have those curtains anymore!


This year since our house is on the market (and because it's not ideal for a pregnant lady to be getting up on chairs every day), I decided to revamp our card display!  I've seen card displays all over Pinterest and really liked the ribbon + sign method.  I didn't want to spend a ton so I found this cute snowflake sign at Target for $5.  I used ribbon I already had at home and voila - easy peasy!  (I also re-used my adorable mini clothespins from last year...I love those things!)

I like this display because it's easy to reach and it's something I can easily flip to the backside of the door for any showings we may have.

Here's a close-up of the mini clothespins and how I attach the cards:


Just last year I decided I wanted to start saving my holiday cards.  I love looking at them and it's so sad to throw them away!  If you want to see how I saved my cards last year, check out my blog post/tutorial!  I plan on making it again this year!  Here's a sneak peak:

Here's an updated picture of our card display now that the cards have started rolling in!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment