Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A New Take on Pizza [Tasty Tuesday]

Anyone else love pizza as much as I do?  Seriously, the husband and I could probably have pizza 5x a week.  There are so many different ways to make pizza and so many different flavors!  When I saw this Bubble Up Pizza on Pinterest, I knew it would be good for us!  I halved the original recipe so the ingredients below will make an 8x8 dish instead of 9x13!

What You Need
  • 1 can Pillsbury Golden Layer Buttermilk Biscuits
  • 1/2 jar Pizza Sauce (I used leftover sauce from when we had pizza rolls!)
  • 1 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
  • Toppings of your choice (I used mini pepperonis)
How To
  1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Separate your biscuits and cut each individual biscuit into fourths.  Put the biscuit chunks in a mixing bowl.  
  3. Cover the biscuits with pizza sauce and toss or stir gently until biscuits are covered.
  4. Add in about 1/2 of your cheese and any toppings of your choice.
  5. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 8x8 baking dish.  Top with remaining cheese.
  6. Bake for 25-30 minutes.  It will puff up when done!
Here is my end result.  It was really tasty and got the husband's stamp of approval!  I'm envisioning making variations of this.  Can you imagine swapping the pizza sauce for BBQ sauce and adding some red onion, chicken, and cheddar cheese?  YUM!




Here is the original pin:


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Yumm! I'm going to have to try this- we love pizza. I could eat it every night of the week!

    ReplyDelete