Thursday, December 6, 2012

Another Pinterest Fail

Who remembers my last Pinterest fail?  If not, you can read about that here.  Since then, I've had a lot of success stories from Pinterest so it's no surprise that I was due for another fail!

Here is the original pin I found.  Pretty cute, right?  Easy enough especially since we have a ton of pine trees in our backyard!
Source: via Emily on Pinterest

I already had a hurricane vase with a candle that I used for our Thanksgiving.  It's a little embarrassing how sad it was looking.  I'm pretty sure I got my money's worth out of those cranberries, though.

I was pretty excited when I remembered my pin with the spruces of evergreen.  [Did I make that up?  Are they called spruces?]  I went outside with a pair of scissors and started playing Edward Scissorhands with one of our pine trees (don't tell my husband).  Let me just tell you - those suckers are SHARP!  I felt like I was being attacked by a porcupine.  I came in with a handful of spruces (?) and tried to arrange them.  It wasn't happening.  I think I have the wrong type of pine tree...?

It definitely looks a little better with the candle lit, right?  Maybe I'm just trying to be optimistic.  I blew the candle out anyway because it seemed like a fire hazard.  Pinterest fail!

Please do me a favor and Google image search "Pinterest Fail".  You can thank me later!

I'm linking up with Stephanie & Katie again today!



  1. Good call on blowing out the candle, and yes it does look pretty!

  2. The pin looks really cute, but I think the problem is the type of tree you're using. You need an evergreen tree and I think you have pine or spruce?

  3. haha too funny, but cute idea!

  4. Haha it does look pretty though! Maybe buy a flameless candle to keep the look without burning down the house!

  5. Love this idea I did something very similar with my candles! :) New follower from the link up!


  6. Good call that totally looks like a fire hazard! That Pinterest fail blog is hysterical!

  7. It does look really good....although you may be right on the fire hazard thing...