I actually found this recipe when I was looking for some hair tutorials. Random, right? I'm sure a lot of you have seen The Small Things Blog and her amazing hair tutorials (which I have yet to successfully attempt)! Apparently she also makes delicious food, too...who knew!
|The butter and pasta are not pictured here!|
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook your elbow noodles to al dente according to the directions on the box.
- Spray your 1.5qt casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray
- Place cooked noodles in your dish, covering the bottom.
- Salt and pepper the noodles generously. (I wish I would have added something with some spice here...maybe paprika! I'll try next time.)
- Add a few handfuls of cheese - enough to cover the pasta.
- Repeat this process again with new layers: pasta, salt & pepper, cheese. Do this until your dish is full. I had a little leftover pasta so I saved it to use for lunch the next day!
- Thinly slice your butter and places slabs on top of your pasta.
- Pour the milk over the top of your dish.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes uncovered. (Note: My pasta didn't brown as much as the original recipe but it still had a nice crunch!)
Here is my final product!