Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A Fruity Valentine's Treat

I got this recipe from a friend of mine.  When she told me it only required 2 ingredients and her toddler loved them, I was sold!  



Ingredients:
3oz. box of Jello (I used strawberry this time, but you can use any flavor!)
1-1/2 cups vanilla greek yogurt


How to Make:
  1. Mix your two ingredients together until combined.
  2. Pop the mixture into the microwave for 1 minute.
  3. Stir mixture and return to microwave for an additional minute.
  4. Stir again and pour into a muffin tin.  [I used silicone trays, but if you're using metal, I suggest using paper muffin cups!]
  5. Freeze for about 1 hour before serving.
I used silicone trays so I could have festive hearts for Valentine's Day.  My heart tray is from the Target Dollar Spot a few years ago. 



Note: I've found that these store perfectly in the fridge after freezing because of the gelatin.  


Here are some pictures of Carson enjoying the treats!  He was a little unsure at first because of the coldness and the texture, but he ended up liking them.  :)





I'm linking up with Kristin!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Those sound so yummy! I am going to make these for Dominick. I'm pretty certain he would LOVE them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks yummy! I'm gonna pin that so I remember to try it!

    aintnodramamama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are interesting! I'll have to try . And two ingredients-yay!

    ReplyDelete