Monday, February 24, 2014

Bumpdate: 31 Weeks






31 Weeks!

Baby is currently the size of a PINEAPPLE!



Next Appointment: Monday March 3rd....not too far away!

Gender: Adding another BOY to our family!  Check out our reveal photo.  


Total Weight Gain: At my last appointment (31w1d) I was +21.  Ugh, gaining weight is NOT fun.  I know it needs to happen but seeing the scale creep up just sucks!
Maternity Clothes: At this point it should be obvious.  YES!  (Although I still have non-maternity items I mix in.)

Sleep: I've been sleeping pretty soundly and reading helps me to fall asleep (I often fall asleep while reading).  The part where I have trouble is all the tossing and turning throughout the night - so annoying!

Movement: Mason is a little acrobat.  He's always moving...always!  It's really fun and makes me happy that I know he's doing well in there.

Food Cravings/Aversions: Still no meat, that's a given.  I've been craving fruity things this week like juice and smoothies...so delicious!

Best Moment This Week: Hearing Mason's heart beating at my appointment!  It was only 120-130bpm which is low for him so I'm hoping it's back up by the next appointment.  Carson had some dips in the end which is part of the reason I ended up getting induced.  Maybe I'll drink a smoothie before my next appointment because I know that makes Mason bounce all around!

What I Miss: Warm weather!  When I look back at bump pictures from my pregnancy with Carson I was already in a lot of warm weather clothes (granted it was the end of March, not February).  I'm ready to get out those maternity t-shirts and tank tops!

What I'm Looking Forward To: I'm really excited for my next appointment now that I'm on the 2-week schedule, woohoo!

Symptoms: Lower back pain is my biggest symptom.  I also always feel like I have to pee and I am constantly thirsty!  This week I had a new not so fun symptom too - bleeding gums.  :(  I brushed my teeth one morning and the sink was full of red.  My OB said this is normal and they may worry about platelet counts if it happened all the time but I only had one major incident and the rest of the time it's just minor bleeding.  Plus my platelets were totally normal the last time they did my bloodwork!


Extra Notes From the Week: I had my 31w appointment this week so I have a lot of updates from that.  My blood pressure was perfect which made me happy since it was high at my wellness assessment just a couple weeks ago!  My belly is measuring at 31cm which "translates" to 31w so that's perfect.  I also got a tdap vaccination to hopefully help protect Mason once he's born.  The biggest news I received is that I'm already dilated!  Only a fingertip/1cm but it was still a shocker.  My doctor said she would normally be concerned but my cervix isn't super soft yet and I dilated somewhat early last time and still made it to full term.  (With Carson I was 3cm from 36w until delivery.)  She gave me strict instructions to try to take it easy and not lift anything heavy.  Just in time for our move next week, haha!  

Here's a close-up and a pic with my busy photo bomber.  This week he insisted he get in on a few shots but he didn't have time for much, he had basketball to play!  :)



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. You are so tiny and looking wonderful and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! I feel like your pregnancy is flying by. Can't believe you're already dilated- that's exciting and crazy!

    ReplyDelete