Monday, November 12, 2012

Tell Me About Yourself!

I hope everyone had a great weekend and a great Veterans Day!  I'm so thankful for all of the service men and women in our country!


Last week Sarah at A Buckeye in Badgerland nominated me for a blog award!  

{Rules}
:: post 11 random facts about yourself ::
:: answer the questions the blogger who nominated set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to ::
:: choose 11 bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post ::
:: go to their page and tell them about the award ::
:: no tag backs! ::


I had a few awards on my old blog, but I've never received this award before!  This is a great way for my new readers to get to know me.  Thanks Sarah!!  Sarah has an adorable baby son [Paxton] and she's a Buckeye fan!!  Go check her out by clicking her button:


{11 Facts}

1. I met my husband while I was in high school and we built a house together when I was only 19!

2. I am a candy hoarder.  I have a "candy drawer" in my kitchen and [even though I love candy] I refuse to eat it!  There's even a Valentine's Hershey bar I got last year from a student.  I'm not sure why I hoard the candy.



3. If I could, I would move to the beach and wear flip flops for the rest of my life.  [As long as I would be able to wear heels and fun shoes to go out sometimes!]


4. I used to get my hair highlighted ALL the time.  I became practically blond!  It became really high maintenance so I haven't highlighted my hair since our wedding in 2008.  Now I'm all for my au naturale brunette locks!  




5. I hate feet.  The only exceptions are my own feet and baby feet.  I don't even like to get pedicures.  I do, however, always like to have my toenails painted.  Unpainted toenails are gross.  (No offense.)


6. Under my bed I have "memory boxes".  I have one for stuff from when I was younger (school projects, pictures, ticket stubs, etc.) and I have one for cards, letters, etc. that Nick has given me.  I love to go back through and look at them!



7. I once bought a car with a manual transmission before I knew how to drive stick.  I had to learn fast!  I also used to be super into cars and I liked to take pictures of my car.  Ha, how times have changed!





8. I don't like regular milk.  For years I would only drink skim milk with ice and I would ONLY do that if I was eating Oreos.  Weird, I know.  I just recently discovered almond milk and I drink that now (with ice still).  


9. I can be very OCD about certain things.  For example, when I eat Skittles/M&M's, I sort the candy first then eat each color individually.  I also do this with my Chex Mix.  

10. I love animals.  Like, maybe way more than normal.  When an animal dies in a movie, it's way more upsetting than when a human dies.  Am I right?!
Dixie & Chip :)

11. I constantly have about 4-5 to-do lists.  I used to have post-its everywhere.  That got a little out of hand so I printed a cute to-do list template and made copies.  Now I use an app on my phone.  I have so many lists on there: grocery, shopping (for stuff not at the grocery), Christmas gift ideas, chores, meal planning ideas, etc.  It's a little crazy BUT checking items off my list makes me happy. :)


{Questions from Sarah}


1. What's your favorite dessert?   I love all desserts!  If I had to pick one, I'd choose cookies because you can make so many different types!  I'm thinking I'll be making these sometime this week:


2. What did you think about the ending to Lost?  I'm an outcast and I've never seen an episode of Lost.  Not even one!

3. What's your favorite talk show?  Ellen!  Without a doubt.  I think she's hilarious and I love what she does for other people.  Plus I don't watch any other talk shows so there's no competition!  I DVR Ellen. :)

4. Tell me a joke.  I'm horrible with remembering jokes!  I literally just spent 5 minutes googling jokes and couldn't find a good one.  I'm lame!

5.  What is something you believe in?  True love.  Simple but true!

6. What is something you don't believe in?  I don't believe in reindeer.  My husband and I have a joke about this and every time we walk by the reindeer exhibit at the zoo I pretend I don't see them.  When I was little and I found out about Santa, I thought the reindeer were also made up.  How sad!

7. Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts? I have to go with Sbux.  I love my skinny soy decaf iced vanilla lattes and my skinny soy decaf peppermint mochas!  BUT Dunkin Donuts has some good donuts!  I also love Tim Hortons donuts and decaf cafe mochas!

8. Do you wear leggings as pants?  Nope.  I own 1 pair of leggings and the only time I've worn them is under a skirt for Halloween.  I would love to wear leggings because they're so comfy but I just feel weird in them!

9. What would you eat as your last meal?  This is a hard question!  I think I would choose some sort of pizza with a size of pasta (might as well load up on the carbs) and then definitely a delicious dessert!  One of my favorite restaurants in Columbus has an amazing peanut butter chocolate pie...yum!

10. What is something you are obsessed with?  My son, for sure. :)

11. Do you have a loyalty to a certain brand? (Kraft mac n cheese, Folgers coffee, Charmin toilet paper, etc.)  Definitely love Kraft mac'n'cheese (only the shapes)!  I also love Pentel RSVP pens...I know, welcome to 1998, right?  I only buy Almay eyeliner and All (free and clear) laundry detergent.  I don't mind store brand for a lot of stuff but there are some things where it's just not as good!


{My Questions for YOU!}


1. What are your hobbies?

2. Tell me an embarrassing story about yourself.

3. Where is your favorite place to travel?

4. If you were given $1000 for a shopping spree to one store, where would you shop?

5.  Do you like waffles?

6. If you ever had AIM, what was your screen name?  If you didn't have AIM, you missed out!

7. What is your beverage of choice?  

8. Describe your go-to outfit.

9. What is one beauty item you can't live without?

10. What is your favorite TV show (currently on air or old)?

11. What is your favorite thing about where you live?


{Nominations}

I'm nominating ALL of my readers!  Answer my questions and link-up below:



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with #10 and #11 on your facts!!

    Thanks for playing :)

    ReplyDelete