Thursday, November 1, 2012

Copycat Wreath!

I'm linking up with Katie and Stephanie again!  You might remember my Pinterest fail from last week, but this week I have a success!

I pinned this super cute wreath a few weeks ago.  Usually I'm a craft pin hoarder and I don't end up making many of the DIY projects.  This link-up has inspired me to do more and I love it!  Also, my mom and sis wanted to do a craft day together so I picked this as my craft!

I bought all of my materials at Michael's for this wreath.  Here is what you will need to make this copycat wreath:

  • Foam wreath form: $4 (I used a 50% off coupon)
  • 2 bundles (?) of yarn - choose your own colors: $4 (yarn was on sale!)
  • 2 "sheets" of felt (in the kids craft aisle): $0.60
  • buttons for embellishment: $1
Total Cost: under $10!

The wreath was really simple and I did it while playing with Carson and visiting with my mom and sister!  First you just have to wrap your wreath with the alternating colors of yarn.  This is the most time intensive part but it didn't take as long as I thought!  Next you add your embellishments.  Like I said, mine don't look as nice as the other wreath but it's fine!  I just cut teardrop shapes from the felt and layered the 2 colors.  I attached the felt with little pins.  I hot glued a piece of felt to the back of each button and then hot glued that to the center of each flower.  Easy peasy!


Here is the original pin.  I definitely like her wreath a little better than mine....the yarn seems thicker and the flowers have much more dimension.  BUT her wreath is selling on Etsy for $38 and mine cost $10.  I think I like mine just fine!  (No offense to her!)
Source: etsy.com via Emily on Pinterest


Head over and link up with your Pinterest project!



Here are some other wreaths I've made:
Crayon Wreath for my classroom!

Easy Fall Wreath

Spring/Summer sunshine rag wreath

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. SO Cute!!! You did great! And I LOVE the gray and white!!

    Thanks so much for linking up with Katie & I!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^^What she said!! :) Love it Em! You have GOT to swing by one of these days. But tell me first so I can look presentable hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is on my project to do list! So cute!

    ReplyDelete