Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Crispy Cheesy Chicken [Tasty Tuesday]

I get most of my recipes from Pinterest and friends.  While some of them are Pinterest fails... (remember my marshmallow brownies?!) most are really easy and tasty recipes!

I have two food boards on Pinterest.  One is recipe ideas I like and the other is recipes I've made and turned out delicious.  If I try something and it's not so great, I try to delete it from my boards.  Click the button to the right to follow my boards!  ----->

This is the original pin that I used for my chicken dish:

I made a few changes, but this chicken turned out delicious!  Nick even said it was "maybe the best chicken you've ever made"!  It was SO easy!

Ingredients:
3-4 large chicken breasts (I just used a 1lb. package from the grocery)
30 (ish) Ritz crackers (I used generic and it worked fine!)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/2 C. milk
2 C. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 t. dried parsley

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
-Line a baking sheet with foil OR spray with non-stick cooking spray.
-While oven is heating up, crush your crackers.  You can do this in your food processor or in a baggie using a rolling pin or meat tenderizer (using the smooth side so you don't poke holes in the bag).
-Place the crushed crackers in a bowl and stir in the salt and pepper.  Place this bowl aside.
-Put your milk in another bowl and the cheese in another bowl.  Line the bowls up in this order: milk, cheese, cracker crumb mixture.  (Sorry my picture is the wrong order..just making sure you're paying attention!)
-Dredge each chicken breast in milk then cover in cheese.  You may need to press the cheese into the chicken to make it stick.  Next, drag the chicken through the cracker crumb mixture.  Once again, you may need to press it into the chicken to get it to stick.
-Place your coated chicken breasts onto your foil-lined (or greased) pan.  If you have extra cheese/crackers, feel free to sprinkle that over the top of your chicken!  Cover with another piece of foil.
-Stick your covered pan in the oven and cook chicken for 35 minutes.  Remove the foil cover and return to the oven for about 10 minutes to make your chicken crispy!

**The original recipe included a sauce/gravy, but I omitted this.  I didn't feel like it needed a sauce at all, the chicken was very moist!  (I hate that word.)

I paired this chicken with green beans.  I steamed my green beans first.  Next I sauteed the beans with sliced almonds and a bit of butter (I use 'I Can't Believe It's Not Butter').  My husband hates vegetables and he actually really likes these green beans!


Don't forget to link up and tell me all about you in my post from Monday!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment