Monday, November 26, 2012

Glitter Ornament

I'm linking up again with another DIY Pinterest project!  (By now I think it's fairly obvious that I'm totally addicted to Pinterest.)  Click the button to head over to I Love You More Than Carrots and check out the other gals (and guys?) who linked up!


I've been eyeing baby's first Christmas ornaments on Etsy for a while now.  I couldn't decide if I wanted to order something with his birth stats or just with the year and his name.  I decided I like the idea of birth stats and I can make an annual ornament!  (For anyone still needing to buy me a gift, I decided I want this!  When I order it I might request different colors...I haven't decided yet!)
Anyway, since I'm so indecisive, I decided to make a cheap ornament for Carson myself.  It was SO fast and easy and I love the final result!
What You Need
Pledge Floor Cleaner or Mop'n'Glo (I used Mop'n'Glo because it was on sale)  
Clear glass or plastic ornament
Glitter
Letter/Number stickers
*Optional: Funnel or piece of paper to create funnel 
How-To
  1. Take the "cap" off of your ornament and squirt some floor cleaner inside.  Move the ornament around so that the floor cleaner coats the inside of your ornament.  Do not shake the ornament - you don't want any bubbles!
  2. Poor in your glitter and turn the ornament around to evenly distribute the glitter.  I didn't use a funnel because my glitter came in a skinny (read: easy to pour) tube.  I poured the glitter in a little bit at a time so I wouldn't waste any.  
  3. Put the "cap" back on your ornament.
  4. Slap on those stickers to personalize your ornament!  (This is a great time to let the kids get involved!)
Just so you know, you only use a TINY bit of the floor cleaner and it's not necessarily cheap so be prepared to make more ornaments or clean.  Obviously I'm choosing to make more ornaments.  :)
Here is the finished product.  




Here is the original pin:






Photobucket

1 comment: