Friday, November 9, 2012

Carson LOVES Green Beans [cue sarcasm]

Next Tuesday I'm going to be sharing a new recipe for Tasty Tuesday!  I actually used the extra green beans from that recipe to make some more baby food for Carson!

After steaming the [frozen] green beans, I set about 1/2 of the bag aside in a covered bowl.  When we were done with dinner, I threw the beans in my food processor.  Like always, you need to add a bit of liquid (breastmilk, formula, or water).  Green beans are harder to get smooth so I had to process for quite a while.


Next I put the beans into my trusty ice cube trays.  I froze the beans overnight before placing them into a labeled freezer storage bag.  I got about 16 servings from a 1/2 bag of frozen green beans.

Here is Carson just LOVING the green beans.  Haha!  This was his first try.  He's actually getting used to them now.  I think he was thrown off by the flavor and the texture!




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment