Friday, November 30, 2012

First and foremost...


I saw this on Beth's blog the other day and thought it would be fun!

1. First thing you do when you wake up in the morning.
I check to see if Carson is awake yet.  Next I check my phone.  After that I brush my teeth.  I can't stand the feeling of un-brushed teeth in the morning! 

2. First thing you reach for when you open the fridge.
Juice!  I have 3 different kinds in my fridge right now and I love drinking juice on the rocks.  (That sounds so much cooler than 'with ice'.)  I think it makes my alcohol free drinks seem a little more exciting!


3. First thing you do when you go to the gym.
Probably look around and wonder how the heck I ended up there because I don't go to the gym!


4. First thing you do you when you get home from work?
I would usually figure out what was for dinner, check the mail, change out of my work clothes, wash Carson's bottles, etc.  Now that I'm staying at home, I'm "working" all day! ;)  When Nick gets home from work the first thing I do is give him a kiss/hug and fill him in on the delicious gourmet dinner I've prepared.  (aka whatever new recipe I decided to try from Pinterest!)
5. First car.
1990 Ford Probe.  Pretty much a racecar.  Did I mention it was red with red (maroon) interior?  

6. First car accident / traffic violation.
My first traffic violation was a speeding ticket.  I was hanging out with my boyfriend and left around the time I was supposed to be home.  I was obviously going to be late so I decided to speed.  I got pulled over by the meanest lady cop ever and she insisted on following me home since it was after the city curfew.  Let's just say my dad was a little less than thrilled!

As far as my first accident, I got hit by another high school kid while I was driving my awesome Probe through a neighborhood.  He pulled out of a court without looking and t-boned me.  Luckily there was minimal damage but my cool pop-up headlights were winking for a while, ha!

7. First thing you wanted to be when you grew up.
I always wanted to be a teacher and a mom.  See kids, dreams DO come true! :)  My mom has a little video from my kindergarten graduation with me walking up to the front with my little graduation cap saying "I want to be a teach-uh"!   Apparently I was from Boston.
8. First choice beverage.
Juice, duh.  I also like ice water.  Crushed ice is preferable.

9. First choice breakfast.
Cookies.  That's allowed, right?  Get the recipe for these peanut butter cookies here.
10. First choice dessert.
Anything with oreos!  I'm not super picky about my desserts, but if it has Oreo, I may or may not have self control.
11. First song that comes to mind…
Are you ready for this?  Baby Beluga.  Carson LOVES that song right now so I play it all. the. time.  In case you're wondering, I sing it too....off key and everything.
12. First major purchase?
My red Probe (from #5) I guess.  After that I would say my college (18 years old) and then my house (19 years old)!  Still paying for those! :)


13. First job:
My first job was working for my aunt at her diner.  They had ice cream (soft serve and hand dipped) as well as diner food like burgers, hot dogs, fries, etc.  It was pretty fun but I never got the hang of making a perfect soft serve.  I worked there at 14, but only on the weekends.  At 15 (almost 16) I got my first job at Tim Hortons.  I worked there until I was 17 and later ended up working at corporate for almost 5 years! 
  
14. First time you flew on a plane.
I actually don't know how old I was, I think elementary school?  I feel like I flew to Chicago, but I honestly don't remember.  I do know for sure that I flew to Florida in 7th grade to go to Disney. 


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog! What a fun survey- I might need to save this and play along next week!
    Gorgeous house by the way and my cousin had that exact same Ford Probe!!

    ReplyDelete