Proof of Chip's fetch obsession:
Dixie licks anything and everything. She's a lover and likes to give kisses.
Since I love my pups so much, I decided to make them some homemade dog treats. They love any treats, but I was feeling guilty after seeing so many [super easy] homemade dog treat recipes on Pinterest. I finally chose one to make and I'm so glad I did! Next time I'll probably half this recipe since I have smaller dogs, but the original recipe would be perfect for bigger dogs! (I baked about half and saved the rest of the dough to make later.)
What You'll Need
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup milk (I used skim)
Making the Treats
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, mix peanut butter and milk. I used my hand mixer for this step.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to your wet mixture and blend together.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface. Roll to about 1/4" thickness. Use a cookie cutter to cut out your treats just like you would with sugar cookies.
- Place your treats on a greased baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Store your treats in an airtight container.
I didn't have a dog bone cookie cutter (where do you even buy that?!) so I used a cat. See what I did there? :)
Chip and Dixie LOVE these treats. I told them to "go to bed" for a cookie and they ran over right away. Oh, and these made our kitchen smell amazing. I need to make some human peanut butter cookies now!
What have you made for your pets?
I'm linking up to a few blogs:
Here is the original pin: