Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta [Tasty Tuesday]

Hi, I'm Emily and I'm a carbaholic.  It's true.  I love bread and pasta.  I've been trying to cut back on our pasta but when I saw this on Pinterest, I couldn't resist trying it out!


Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta

What You Need:
Half box penne pasta (I think bowtie or corkscrew would be good, too!)
1 Tbsp. butter (I used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter)
1 Tbsp. flour
2 Tbsp. dry ranch dressing seasoning
2 cups milk (I use skim)
1 cup shredded cheese (I used a cheddar jack blend)
1/2 cup cooked, chopped turkey bacon (my husband likes to call this facon)
1-2 cups chopped chicken**

How to Make It:
In a large pot, cook your pasta according to the box.

While your pasta is cooking, start your bacon (or facon) and cook to desired crispiness.  [I like mine extra crispy!]

Drain your pasta and set aside.  Turn down the heat and melt your butter in the same pot you used for your pasta.  Quickly add in your flour and cook for about a minute.  Slowly whisk in your milk.  [Note: The original recipe said the sauce would thicken here.  Mine did not.  I'm not sure if it's because I used skim milk or not, but don't worry - it thickens later!]  

Stir in your ranch dressing mix and shredded cheese.  Stir until fully combined and cheese is melted.  Add in your chicken, bacon, and pasta.  Combine until pasta is coated and serve with a tasty veggie like broccoli!

**I was lazy and used Tyson refrigerated chicken.  If you want to be more Martha than me, you can bake and cube some boneless, skinless chicken breasts!


My pasta may not have turned out quite as pretty as the pin, but it tasted delicious and that's all that matters!







Here is the original pin:



I'm linking up with these lovely ladies:



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Yum! That sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummmm just repinned this. I, too, am a carboholic - trying desperately to eat gluten-free. talk about torture. I might just have to cheat with this one though :)

    ReplyDelete