Monday, March 18, 2013

Weekend Happenings! Spoiler Alert: Carson WALKS!

I feel like a lot happened this weekend.  So of course, I had to share it with you all!

{Friday}
Remember my March goals?  My first goal was to start "training" for my first ever 5k.  Well big news over here, we got a jogging stroller!  I can no longer make the excuse that I can't go because I'm with Carson all day!  {Although I can make the excuse that it's too cold for him....stupid Ohio weather!)  Friday the weather was warm(ish) so we went to the park and took our first ever jog together.  I'm going to be totally honest, I'm out of shape.  Like, beyond out of shape.  It's embarrassing.  My muscles don't get sore but my breathing is what gets me (especially in the cold air).  Any tips?!
Carson after our jog!
I took Carson to the shoe store to get measured for big boy shoes!  We didn't end up buying any [yet] but the salesman was very helpful and very nice.  He even gave Carson a balloon when we left which Carson LOVED!  Seriously, he wouldn't let go!


{Saturday}
We all sported our green all weekend long.  No pinching in this household!  Carson had a few different St. Patrick's outfits to wear and we did some mini photo shoots Saturday!


Saturday night we put Carson to bed and his Memaw came over.  Then Nick & I went downtown to meet some friends.  Downtown.  I haven't been there for years.  I was worried I would feel old, but it wasn't so bad!  I had my first drink since January (I had one glass of wine for our anniversary!) and that's only my 3rd or 4th drink since I got pregnant in August 2011!  Go ahead, call me crazy.  Even though we were only away from home for about 2 hours, it was a nice little getaway and I loved that I could check on Carson from my baby monitor app!


Sleeping soundly while Mommy & Daddy were out!


{Sunday}
Our little family of three went to the auto show to check out some of the 2013 cars.  Nick is starting to look at what he might want next (he's currently driving my old car...a 2003 coupe)!  It's nice to be able to get in all the cars and check out the features without an annoying pushy salesman right behind you!

Our team, THE Ohio State Buckeyes are Big Ten champions!!  Let's go Buckeyes!


Now for the biggest event of the weekend, Carson started walking!  I guess his goal was to walk before he turned 10 months and he succeeded!  (He turns 10 months today.)  He's obviously still learning but he's getting better and better all the time....he loves practicing!



I'm linking up [for the first time] with Sami's Shenanigans!


Also, I'll be the first to admit I'm totally lost on this entire Google Friend Connect issue. I understand that GFC is going away and most bloggers are moving over to Bloglovin'. That's about all I understand though. I've created my account at BL but I haven't started following anyone yet....still working on finding time to do that! Any tips to make it go faster? [I don't currently use Google Reader.] Make sure to follow me over there!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. That is such a good idea to go to an auto show when looking for a new car!

    Soooo exciting about Carson walking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I can't believe he's walking!!!!


    That's awesome you got a jogging stroller now, it's like triple the workout pushing those things!!! As for the lungs burning, it's probably mostly just from the cold air!

    ReplyDelete