Monday, March 4, 2013

March Goals

I've seen some other bloggers creating goals each month.  I love this idea for a few reasons:
1. I'm a list maker.  (Couldn't you tell?!)
2. I like this as a way to hold myself accountable.
3. I'll feel accomplished when I check things off my goals list!


March Goals

1. Start "training" for my first ever 5k.  You might laugh, but my first 5k isn't until June!  I'm not a runner at all so I'm going to try to start the Couch to 5k program to train.  Since I don't have a treadmill and it's 30° outside most days, I'm not sure how this will work BUT I'm going to try.  Has anyone ever done C25k with an elliptical?

2. Get a haircut for myself and Carson.  We both need it so bad.  Carson is developing a mini-mullet and I haven't had a trim since October.  Operation 'Let's Not Look Homeless'...let's do this!  Here's proof that C needs a haircut...bad!

3. Go through my clothes and get some donations together.  Our walk-in master closet is full of my clothes...overflowing, literally.  Nick squeezes his work shirts into a tiny corner but let's be honest, they're usually in the laundry room.  I also have taken over our spare bedroom closet and claimed it as my "dress closet".  Hubster sees this as unacceptable.  I need to make some room and I keep putting it off!

4. Read 2-3 books.  I have a goal to read 25 in 2013.  Not very impressive compared to Tara at Fabulous But Evil who has a goal to read 100 and has already surpassed 25!  I read pretty fast so this should be easy but I always find myself doing other things when Carson is sleeping like cleaning, blogging, facebooking, istagramming, etc.  (Those are all verbs, right?)

5. Go on a real date with the hubster.  What's a date?  Since Carson was born in May, we have been on maybe 2-3 dates (without C).  I love going on "family dates", but I also love our husband-wife time.  I need to make a better point of planning special time for us!  Plus, I'd love a reason to make myself look cute!

What are your goals for March?  


I'm linking up with Carissa today:
miscellany monday at lowercase letters


Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Here is my suggestion- as much as it sucks bundle up and run outside! Running on a treadmill or using an elliptical don't even come close to what it's really like to hit the concrete and run. Just start off with a walk/run and then graduate to a run. If you stick to it, runing really can be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do this too and it's so helpful! Good luck with your March goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't run (anymore), but i think you've gotta run outside to really get a feel for it. Running on the treadmill is SO much different than running outside. My friend did a great post about outside running the other day:

    http://advocarerunner.blogspot.com/2013/03/cold-weather-running.html

    Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had great success with Couch to 5k last year- running outside! Its on my goal list to do the 10k this year...eek!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm stopping by from the Miscellany Monday link up!! Um...I feel like we may have the same goals! haha! :) So crazy!! :)

    www.bethbranstetter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this list! We haven't hardly been on any dates since H has been born either. So sad, but so true!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with #1, #4, and #5. Those are all important! Good luck with your first 5K. You can do it!
    Carolyn
    http://sillyhappysweet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your goals!! Good luck training for your first 5k. My goal in March is also to read several books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. carson is so cute!

    xo brie
    www.sophistifunkblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the idea of making monthly goals, seems more attainable. My baby boy needs a haircut pretty badly too and I def need to clean out my closet as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm volunteering myself to babysit Carson while you go on a date with Nick!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am doing my first race (7k) in a few weeks. I am sooo nervous...I am NOT a runner! Training is so hard! Props to you!

    ReplyDelete