Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Straight Hair Must Haves!

A few weeks ago I did a post on my favorite drugstore make-up finds.  Today I'm going to share my favorite drugstore hair finds.  Just like my make-up, I keep my hair super simple.  I wear it straight and down practically every day.  Ok yes, every day.  Maybe once a month I put my hair half up.  No joke, I'm super boring!  If anyone wants to come teach me to do some loose curls/waves, be my guest!  I've tried and I can't get it to look right.

Here are my hair "must haves" that I use every day!

1.) L'Oreal EverPure Shampoo & Conditioner.  I like the Volume line, but they also have a Moisture Line and a Smooth Line.  Each product runs about $6 at grocery stores and drugstores, but I can almost always find a coupon for $2-3 off!  This haircare line is sulfate free which means it's great for your hair.  I can tell a difference in my hair when I use this product versus cheap(er) products like Pantene.  This leaves my hair feeling soft, smooth, and healthy!  Plus it smells amazing!

2.) John Frieda Full Repair Shampoo & Conditioner.  Maybe it's just me, but sometimes I just have to switch things up.  When I need a break from my EverPure products, this is my go-to line!  I initially bought it because I had a coupon and it smelled SO good.  Now I'm kind of loving it!  This line is "Full Body" and I love anything that will give my long hair a bit of volume!  These also run about $6/bottle.

3.) Dove Nourishing Oil Care.  This is a type of detangling spray.  I originally bought this because I had heard SO many other bloggers rave about it.  With my long hair, a detangler is pretty necessary.  At first, I was disappointed in this product because it made my hair feel super oily.  My hair isn't dry at all so using this up by my roots wasn't working for me.  I started using it only on the ends of my strands and it's perfect!  I think this runs about $4-5.  Bank breaker, I know.

4.) Johnson's No More Tangles.  Do I really need to explain this one?  I've seriously used this stuff since I was a little girl.  (Cue awful memories of my mom trying to get tangles out of my long hair!)  It doesn't change the feeling of my hair at all, which I love because I don't want any product weighing me down!  I use this up by my roots since the Dove spray is a little too oily for up there!  I think this is about $3-4.  The scent is "Strawberry Sensation".  Go get it now!

5.) TreSemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo.  It's always a good idea to have dry shampoo.  Obviously I don't use this on a daily basis but I like having it on hand for emergencies.  It's also great to pack on trips when you may not want to take the time to wash and blow dry your hair just to lay out at the pool!  I found it really useful when we went "camping" in a cabin.  One important tip: make sure you brush it out! The first time I used it I just sprayed it in and it turned my hair gray...I looked like I was 85!  No joke.  This is about $5!

6.) Garnier Fructis Anti-Humidity Hairspray.  I rarely use hairspray.  Rarely = only in the summer or in humid climates.  Like I said before, my hair is definitely not dry.  Combine that with humidity and you get a giant frizz ball.  This hairspray is perfect for battling the frizz and keeping my locks tame in the summer!  I also hate when hairspray makes my hair feel stiff and crunchy.  This hairspray is great because it keeps my hair feeling soft and natural!  It smells super fruity and delicious!  You can find this for under $5!

In case you're wondering, I wash my hair every other day and use a flat iron every day.  I don't color my hair (unless I get bored with it and in that case, I use an ammonia-free box dye).  Here's a picture so you can get an idea of what my hair is like.  This was taken on a great hair day.  My hair doesn't look this nice and voluminous every day! :)  I may live in Ohio, but I still love big hair!



I'm linking up with Jamie today!


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. thanks for this. I've been wanting to find new products and clearly I need to go to the store and get these. Cause I've been using the wrong products :(

    I want volume because my hair is so thin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to check some of these out! Thank you for the recs!

    Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you use the No More Tangles! I've always loved that stuff!

    I'm hosting a big giveaway on my blog today and I'd love for you to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Dove and Garnier Fructis hair products! I have heard about that Dove hair oil too but wasn't sure if I should try it or not. Since you like it, I'll prob grab it next time I stop by Target! Your hair looks great in that picture!! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard such great things about the everpurse shampoo & conditioners! It's on my list to try next! I'm working on a tutorial for wand waves so hopefully that is helpful to you :)

    ReplyDelete